18 awesome laundry tips everyone should know.
Laundry is, without a doubt, the worst household chore.
Unlike other chores that you might only need to do once a week or once a month, laundry is endless. The basket is always full (despite constant loading) and there is always clothes to fold and store.
But according to these women, there are ways to make it easier. Here are their 18 awesome laundry tips.
… But first, here are a few stain tips you should know as well. Posting continues after the video.
1. “We have always had only one laundry basket, so you can’t leave them full everywhere because you have to reuse them.”
2. “I fold the wire back into the basket. Sometimes it doesn’t go straight into the rooms, but it’s so much easier already folded.”
3. “We do laundry on average every one or two days. I think the trap is letting it pile up. “
4. “Once a week, I sit down and match all the socks together. The only thing I would recommend is to eliminate the weird socks if you haven’t met her pair in a while. this approach means most socks are quick and easy to pair, then a handful of sticks in the tub for another week while I discover their mates in the nooks and crannies of the house. “
5. “I always put in a cold wash so that I don’t have to separate the whites, colors and blacks.”
6. “I swear by this stake hanger. It keeps me from wandering all the way down the line looking for stakes. If it’s about to rain, it’s easy to take it off and put it down. ‘hang in the garage. “
7. “For children’s clothing, get a few inexpensive storage baskets from The Reject Shop or similar – one for (for example) jumpsuits, socks, tops, bottoms – and don’t even bother to fold them. Just throw them in their appropriate basket and put the baskets away. “
8. “We do an load every night and then hang it in the morning. I sort directly from the row into a basket, then I walk around with the clean wash basket, putting everything away. It takes about 15 minutes a day. “
9. “I have a rotation on my calendar for double sheets (week one), single sheets (week two) and towels (week three).”
10. “The best thing I have done is invest in some large mesh laundry bags. I have one for each person to put their laundry in. I put them right in the washer, dryer, and then in their room – all in the net bag for the entire trip. We can leave it like that until it’s time to fold it, but that skips the sorting step and we always have clean clothes available. “
Listen to Mamamia’s brand new fashion podcast, What Are You Wearing? In this episode, co-hosts Deni and Tamara discuss the rules for wearing color. Publishing continues after audio.
11. “Get a heat pump dryer!” “
12. “I hang the socks in their pairs and fold them together as I take them off. I also stopped turning my husband’s socks the right way before I fold them. ‘take care of it. “
13. “I like to categorize them. So all the tops together, the pants together, I also tie each pair of socks together, so you can fold them together too. It makes it easier to put away.”
14. “Every year or so, for several children, I buy 20 pairs of socks of the same color. You will save hours matching the socks.”
15. “Have a table near the clothesline, then fold it up as you take it out and put it in a pile of whose laundry is in whose house it is easy to pick up and put everything away. . “
16. “I collect all the underwear and socks for the week and do a full load of washing and drying only. This means I don’t have to deal with them in my other loads, which means makes the folding and storage process much faster. “
17. “I have five children and the best decision I have ever made was to give them a basket each. basket and fold the line laundry. “
18. “Listen to a good podcast or fold up watching your favorite Netflix show. Good luck.”
Do you have any laundry tips? Share them in the comments below.
Read more hacks here:
Featured Image: Getty and Mamamia.