- This work is found in Country Offices (CO), Regional Offices (RB) and Headquarters (HQ), and typically reports to a more senior Information Technology (IT) Manager, Regional Director / national or the designated person.
- Job holders operate with minimal supervision and provide guidance to junior staff to ensure objectives are met. They are responsible for a wide range of day-to-day activities, analytical work and provide technical support by modifying existing systems and resolving simple questions/problems. They also develop and/or support the use of systems and applications, data and databases.
- Digital solutions are rapidly reaching some of the most vulnerable people and places affected by the crisis. As one of the world’s leading humanitarian actors, the World Food Program (WFP) has the opportunity and the obligation to leverage data and technology to better know and serve those in need by digitally transforming the way it works. working. Such ambition has led to a plan to establish, integrate and generalize the building blocks of an end-to-end digital business process. This includes SCOPE – WFP’s beneficiary and transfer management platform that supports WFP’s program response cycle from a technical perspective.
- The SCOPE platform is a web-based application used for beneficiary registration, response setup, distribution planning, transfer and distribution reporting. While there is currently a focus and scale/upgrade related to cash transfers, SCOPE is being used in Nigeria to fully support all WFP transfer modalities: in-kind, e-vouchers and cash for a variety of project activities.
Purpose of the position
- Under the supervision of the Maiduguri Area Office IT/SCOPE Manager, the incumbent will be responsible for supporting the Country Office (CO) in the operation of SCOPE and related DAS for WFP and/or partners.
- This will include analyzing new requirements and features for North East Nigeria, testing and securing new features, and meeting programmatic needs.
Main responsibilities (non-exhaustive)
- Support budgeting, planning and deployment of IT and telecommunications systems to support digital assistance, in particular cash transfers, in accordance with WFP corporate standards;
- Assist and advise in the development of program operational plans and meet resource requirements to facilitate the achievement of overall CBT program objectives;
- Provide data and documentation to support the procurement of ICT/SCOPE equipment and services in accordance with WFP rules and regulations;
- Play an active role in beneficiary registration activities such as systems configuration, on-site support, data storage and synchronization as well as beneficiary services;
- Support for the maintenance of IT macro and micro assessments, including beneficiary information assessment standards to ensure IT input into transfer modality decisions;
- Consolidate requirements for SCOPE functional changes, based on CO operational requirements so that it evolves with changes and challenges in providing assistance;
- Respond to user requests, understand and resolve issues, provide guidance and ensure that SCOPE/CBT policies, procedures, systems and tools are properly applied to support them. Track issues and coordinate with BTO/SCOPE Service Desk for resolution;
- Support capacity building aimed at building DAS expertise within WA, cooperating partners and government counterparts as required;
- Gather data and contribute to the preparation of accurate reports (dashboards, weekly, monthly and on-demand reports) on SCOPE and CBT activities to inform decision-making;
- Manage end-to-end SCOPE beneficiary registration, project/response setup, SCOPE card printing, and support retailer and point-of-sale operations.
Other Key Responsibilities:
- Identify opportunities to use SCOPE as a tool to facilitate collaboration with other UN agencies/government;
- Manage and support the deduplication and adjudication of the SCOPE database to ensure credible data for WFP and partners;
- Provide advice on issues related to the security of beneficiary data, explore the possibility that data sharing contributes to the effective and efficient functioning of SCOPE;
- Establish and maintain close partnerships with counterparts to effectively meet their needs;
- Manage alignment of IT service levels with SLAs for solutions or services focused on stakeholder needs. Conduct a survey of business satisfaction with IT solutions and services;
- Manage estimates, business cases, planning, risk identification, issue and problem management to ensure effective delivery of IT solutions;
- Guide and supervise more junior staff, acting as a point of reference and supporting them with more complex analyzes and queries;
- Supervise all operations of the IT/SCOPE unit in the absence of the CO IT/SCOPE manager;
- Perform any other task as needed.
Qualifications and experience required
- Advanced university degree in business management, computer science, telecommunications engineering or social sciences, or first university degree with additional years of work experience or related training/courses.
- At least 3 years of field experience in humanitarian response operations and/or business systems analysis, design and development.
- Good experience in implementing end-to-end DAS/SCOPE operations.
- Experience in client-facing roles in technology implementation projects or in the planning, design and implementation of humanitarian and development programs.
- Has experience in providing services and support.
- Experience in cash transfer programming and/or beneficiary identity management activities desirable.
- Coordinated and managed small to medium projects.
- Participated in the analysis and redesign of business processes or applications.
- Performed cost-benefit analyzes to support project management.
- Emergency experience.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Possession of a combination of broad business skills and IT experience, including: general business and/or public sector management skills, excellent business communication skills, business analysis, including creating and reviewing functional and non-functional business requirements for the IT solution, research and analysis, market analysis, benchmarking, industry best practices, etc.
- Possess change management skills and experience, with the ability to think strategically;
- Good knowledge and appreciation of IT trends and strategies, including vision and application technologies of external and internal partners;
- Ability to function in distributed/decentralized teams, engage with and support partners;
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task, navigate multiple priorities and conflicting demands;
- Ability to work independently through appropriate personal initiative and regular follow-ups;
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills with an orientation to details
- Ability to influence and adapt communication styles to different situations and individuals;
- Collaborative team member and relationship builder with a facilitative nature and strong business partnership skills with colleagues and stakeholders;
- Demonstrate a detailed understanding of customer IT demands in order to effectively address and manage internal customers; Needs. Identifies recurring problems to propose long-term solutions;
- Immediately adapt the personal approach according to the situation and anticipate needs.
- Knowledge and practical experience of cash transfer programming (CBT) in a humanitarian context would be an asset.